Sign in to follow this  
voo51

g60 and 16v alternator the same?

I have researched on the forum and cannot find whether the G60 and 16v alterbator fit the same? As I think I have bought a G60 alternator but only have a 16v. I don't know if anyone can tell by the pic?

If they are different mountings, what will I need to fit this one and will it be complicated??!

AFAIK, G60 alternators are G60 specific. You will be better off flogging that one and finding a 16v one rather than trying to make it fit.

Especially if it is a 90a G60 one, as they command a premium (even a 65a one when polished shoudl still fetch a good price)...

what makes it not fit though? Is it the brackets or the connectors? Or both?

Hmmm. Well it looks real nice so i think we will take mine off on friday and see if some how it'll fit. Does anyone know if the pulley width or rear electrical connectors are different?

On second thoughts, how much do you think it's worth? It has recently been reconditioned and not been fitted since, also had the red bit now paintd blackberry.