Sign in to follow this  
Rinse

Oil Pressure Warning buzzer

Been having problems with this when the oil's hot and revved past 2000rpm. After searching the site I had the Pressure checked which was all fine and just replaced the blue switch ontop of the oil filter. Worked fine after that until 2 days later. Was buzzing for about 2 seconds then would stop, gradually started buzzing longer till it stayed on constantly.

What would the next step be to sort the problem? New clocks? Its a 9A engine.

you sure all the wiring is OK, it gets very brittle as it's pretty exposed at the front of the engine where the switches are.

Cool, I'll take a look at the wiring once the ridiculous rain stops. Is it just a case of tracing the wires back to the clocks looking for any wrecked housing?

Was originally 10w 40, but I've just checked what the VW parts gave me for my oil change... 15w40! FFS!

When was it changed? and have you changed the Sensor ontop of the Oil Filter Housing?

Iv just had the Exact same thing happen

Oil was changed, then buzzer kept going off, replaced the switch, fixed it for a couple days and then the buzzing returned.

Hi MAte, Did you sort this problem? My buzzer/light goes off intermittently as well, Silly things like banging the dash, putting the indicators on, flicking the headlight switch and flashing main beam all cause it to stop. I've also changed the switches like you and it cured the problem for a day, Cheers