Sign in to follow this  
voo51

Center 'scuttle' cover ever made?

I was just wondering if a center scuttle ( don't know if that is the correct name for it) cover was ever made. I have attatched a picture of my egine with the 2 covers either side on. It is the bit that covers the thick red gap I am curious about. :confused4:

Corrados never had them - but i've never seen a cover for the drivers side either!! :lol:

SWG do one HERE 8)

Golf Mk4 or Mk5 scuttles might fit but i don't know. :shrug:

is the swg one in chrome or black? looks tobe in chrome in the pics :( i was looking at it the other day and cant tell by the picture :(

is the swg one in chrome or black? looks tobe in chrome in the pics :( i was looking at it the other day and cant tell by the picture :(

It's gloss black dude

Yeah - never seen that driver side cover either. It's not meant to be there!

Judith posting while i'm logged in again chaps! She'll get me into trouble one day :lol:

As Jim says mate i dont think they exist :ignore:

I'm guessing the 'drivers' side is from a LHD

yes it is.

and a full covering 'scuttle' cover was never made :(

however you can pay loads of & and buy une in the site one has linked in this thread :nuts:

not quite sure why you'd even need a full length scuttle cover anyway (apart from making it look pretty), the Corrado has no bonnet vents like the mk1 and mk2 golf and has seals at the windscreen and engine bay edges.

Leaves would still get into the scuttle area even if you had a full length cover, as they enter at the sides and that's where you need ventillation so you can get air into the cabin through the blower.

I've seen a couple of mk2 ones cut to fit the Corrado scuttle area, look OK, but they don't actually do anything.

Thankyou for your replies. It being the lhd one makes sense now as it has never really fit properly as you can see. I just want something to cover up the gap as it's a bit grotty!! I'm not entirely keen on the SWG one but I will have a think about it.

I've fitted the SWG skuttle plate and though its a little tricky to get it all in place with lots of jiggery and pokery..... once in its very groovy :dorky:

Got MK2 ones on mine- fitted by previous owner- fits well & looks pretty straight forward to do.