Sign in to follow this  
sonia16v

Rear wiper not working

My rear wiper's Stopped working. It was doing random 1/4 wipes and stopping at random points on my r windscreen before it stopped working completely. anyone got any ideas?

cheers.

LOL mine is even worse once mines on i can't stop it lol i have to reboot the car lol ....

i duno maybe the motor has burned out

or

the mechanisum has come lose or fallen off the arm can you hear the motor still????? when it's on.....

if the motor is gone you r very luck coz there is a motor on e-bay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2452982515&category=9889

mods i know i am not ment to link links to e-bay but i am only trying to help her out she new!

don't be harsh on me.... LOL

-----------

chris

I've got something similar, rear wiper doesnt do a full sweep, etc. The motor seems to do just over half a turn, instead of a full revolution (1 sweep left then right) and so it parks oddly.

I replaced it with 2 other motors that I know work perfectly, and it didnt solve it. I also changed the rear wiper relay with several other ones and that didnt fix it either :x

Its doing my head in!

The only thing i can think of was that I had to take the steering wheel off some weeks before all this started happening. (I had to replace those damn dash bulbs) Maybe I nudged a wire loose on the wiper stalk or something, but I doubt it.

A mate of mine said it might be an earthing problem, although I've no idea how i'd check if that was the case :oops:

why did you take the steering wheel off to change the bulbs?

Sorry, dunno whats wrong with the wipers apart from what kevs said, just thought that that sounded strange... ?

I had some crazy rear wiper movement a while ago after trying to use the wiper when it was frozen to the rear screen.

I removed the wiper arm and found the splines on the shaft coming up from the motor packed with material from the arm. So I cleaned out the splines with the edge of a flat blade screwdriver and bolted the arm back on nice and tight.

It now works better than ever, and the motor even seems to work better and more freely!?!