Sign in to follow this  
RadoVirgin

2.0 16v Carb options?

Hi, i'm just enquiring if anyone has any experience in fitting carbs Bike/Dellorto to a 9a 16v engine? I'd like to know if i can use the standard dizzy or will I have to employ an aftermarket system like Megajolt etc.

I'm thinking of going for a full dellorto setup or possibly bike carbs. My engine is standard but I plan to fit a kr inlet cam prior to fitting the carbs.

I'd appreciate any advice on the possible pitfalls and any special considerations that I might need to take into account.

Cheers

you can run the carbs on a normal setup you might have to advance the timing slighlty but easier and cheaper than buying a mangerment system. im thinking of doing the same conversion in my mk1 runningr1 carbs :D but now thinking i might run bike injection system to be different :lol:

if car has a cat fitted wont ever pass emissions test on carbs...unless your building track car and only for track...you will struggle to get a m.o.t

august 1993 is from when it should have a cat...if ur pre august in that year ur happy days...if not..ur buggerd unless m.o.t bloke is going to stick probe up somebody else car at m.o.t