Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

rear beam bushes, powerflex?

I need new rear beam bushes and heard of powerflex, are these the best ones to get and if so where from and how much?

ive been on awesome gti and found these two..

- Rear Beam Mounting Bush VR6 PFR85-206 x2 (+£39.52)

- Rear Beam Mounting Bush PFR85-207 x2 (+£39.52)

not sure what the difference is tho?

any help is greatly wanted please!

neil

there easy to fit but supposed to give the car a hard feel. your be looking at around £50 for the set theres a different poly bush make thats sup;posed to give a nice feel to the car without the harshness and i think there cheaper :D

Get OE rear bushes mate.. definitely. Having had a car that was fully powerflexed it was exceptionally hard and uncomprimising and didn't give any noticable benefits in handling. Additionally, only the OE rear bushes give the Corrado's "rear steer" - without them it doesn't work!

Get OE rear bushes mate.. definitely. Having had a car that was fully powerflexed it was exceptionally hard and uncomprimising and didn't give any noticable benefits in handling. Additionally, only the OE rear bushes give the Corrado's "rear steer" - without them it doesn't work!

whats this rear steer your on about?

I have decided to get OEM ones from VW after reading alot of reviews from ppl on here.

One of the Corrado's tricks was passive rear steering.. when you turn into a corner, the flex in the rear bushes allowed the rear beam to twist slightly meaning that the rear was turning into the corner too. I'm really not sure exactly how much difference it makes, but it is meant to be there and it was a 'feature' that was oft mentioned and vaunted at the launch of the car.

One of the Corrado's tricks was passive rear steering.. when you turn into a corner, the flex in the rear bushes allowed the rear beam to twist slightly meaning that the rear was turning into the corner too. I'm really not sure exactly how much difference it makes, but it is meant to be there and it was a 'feature' that was oft mentioned and vaunted at the launch of the car.

brilliant thanks, i have ordered the VW ones.

My car failed its MOT on the alloy brake line box thing on the rear beam so getting the garage to do the bushes aswell.

The alloy box will be the pressure regulator, i gotta get a new for my refurbed beam

well mine needs replacing anyway and i have heard stories of them having to be cut away to be replaced, so made sense to get bushes done at same time.

yeah it does make sense as the pressure regulator has to come off to get the bolt for the bush out. The bolts on the pressure regulator are allen key type and mine rounded off as soon as i tried to undo them :( so will to get the easy outs on them

yeah it does make sense as the pressure regulator has to come off to get the bolt for the bush out. The bolts on the pressure regulator are allen key type and mine rounded off as soon as i tried to undo them :( so will to get the easy outs on them

from what the garage told me, on the presure regulator they have steel bolts in an alloy block so they rust in there.

Hi Neil, or anyone else who has had vr6 rear bushes replaced.

Just our of curiosity, what did your garage charge for replacement of the rear bushes?

Mine just passed its MOT, but he said it was by the skin of its teeth, as the rear bushes deffo need replacing.

He, is going to do me a quote but I'd like a point of reference for the cost of the job.

well i had the bias valve replaced as well as the bushes replaced so i had cost of parts etc on top, it took the garage longer to cut off the bias valve then replacing the bushes so i cant say how much it was as i dont know.

maybe someone could tell you how long it took them in hours then just find out how much garage charge per hour.

I hacksawed the beam bolt off and then put it the new one in the other way, which is the only alternative if you dont want/need to cut off your brake bias valve............... :shrug:

I hacksawed the beam bolt off and then put it the new one in the other way, which is the only alternative if you dont want/need to cut off your brake bias valve............... :shrug:

I was just thinking that exact same thing. Is that the only reason the bias valve needs to come off then just to remove the beam bolt? I didn't think the beam would drop down low enough to get the bushes out with the bias still attached which is why it needs to come off? If it's just a case of hacksawing the bolt and putting the new one in the other way I don't see a problem!

I just disconnected the rear brake bias from the beam then hacksawed the bolt and the beam can drop down, you cant get the bolt out otherwise cos it butts up to the it. These bias valves do cease in time, but mine was fine so couldnt see why i had to remove it, ive had no problems with the bolt the other way in............... :salute: