Sign in to follow this  
bobbymkII

new to corrado's whats oil temp all about???

right ive onwed more mk2 gti's than ive had hot dinners....and usualy oil temp on motorways ran at about 85-110 depending on driving conditions etc

the rado i have is a 2.0 16v 9a engine has kr cam fitted ....oil temp around town sits at 100-110....on motorways its about 114-118...this seems bit high considering i havent gave it a proper driving as yet....

my mk2 16v when gunning it can reach 118...but if you slow down to say 60-70mph and stay at constant speed...it climbs back down to 90..the rado just stays there same temp 114-118 or there abouts or town driving 100-110....

is this normal temp of 2.0 16v rado to run???? or dodgy sensor....or needing fresh oil????

cheers

bobby

Well... they all seem to run hotter than golfs do which I reckon is to do with a busier engine bay etc and maybe...

Always good to so an oil flush and coolant change though and see if it makes it any better.

so temp im running shouldnt be a issue really :clap: ...will do oil change tomorrow and coolant see if it helps bring it down a bit...

My 2.0 16V is the same engine spec as you (KR Cam, etc) with 150K on the clock - Has just had Oil + Filter change plus flush and refill with G12 and on the motorway the water is around 90c whilst the oil is normally between 104 > 108c.

Hope this helps.

Ian :D

I would say that's a touch high for motorway cruising. My 16v usually sits at around 100 C at a constant 80mph. Never gets above 110 C, even on a really hot day stuck in traffic. It reached 116 C after a few laps of ragging it at Castle Combe the other week.