Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

vr6 into 16v conversion

next month im planning on putting a vr engine in my valver

want to keep my 280mm 4x100 brakes for the moment so wont be going widetrack

will i need the vr front and back subframes to fit the engine???

cheers james

body work is mint + want more power so a vr conversion seems a more cost effective way than throwing money at a valver engine

dont want to swap the brakes atm as if do it means having to get new adaptors for the wheels, plus ive got some 4pot brembos going on once ive finnished the cad drawing for the carriers

sounds like you've made up your mind but it really isn't the best use of your money if that is something that has importance to you. see this thread from last week

I'm in the same situation tbo, my valver packed up 2 weeks ago and I've been unable to track down the problem. I think it may be the metering head and have a replaacement inbound to try and solve it this weekend but if it doesn't work i want to ditch the valver and put in a VR6.

I also want to keep my 4x100 setup as I have 310mm wilwoods to go on and I love the wheels that I already have!!!

Also I'm not looking for just speed, I want more of a cruiser and the 20vt is far too fast and the furious for me! I also own a 2.5 V6 Alfa romeo (eg 90's BTCC) and there is nothing better than the sound of a V6 engine!!!

I have the same sort of questions - which subframe do I need?

will the VR fit to my 2.0 16v gearbox?

can I fit a corrado VR6 rad?

Is there a donor car that will fulfill all of my needs apart from a corrado VR6 as it would be a crime to break one of those

IMG_0318.jpg

Sorry to steal the thread mate

no worries, can answer some of the questions,

yup you can use and i would recomend the twin fan vr rad as my vr got a little warm as standard anyway

will have to use vr box as different bellhousing

from what i gather vr subframe would have to be used or one of those mk2 vr solid mounts could most likely be used as valver subframe is simlar to golf 2

also i would either use the vr fuel pump or put a fpr on as valvers run at quite high pressure