Sign in to follow this  
mort1414

bolt strength rating 8.8, 10.9

ok bought some calliper adapters of ebay and came with 8.8 strength bolts i was expecting them to be 10.9 will the 8.8 do the job

cheers mort

I wouldn't like to say, but I did manage to get some 12.5 rated ones from BAPP, for only a few quid.

Probably 12.9 actually.^

You really want 10.9 for brakes and 12.9 for suspension stuff as that's what VW use...

A fastener place will sell you stronger ones but try and find a match for the the size you need on ETKA and buy VW ones as they seem to corrode much less than standard bolts with that green coating they use.

not sure if our jim knows, but on one of the estaes in Leamington we have an outlet for bolts/screws etc and they're pence. I imagine most towns have something similar. It seemed to be trade, because when I asked for 2, he asked if I wanted two boxes of 1,000 - yikes!

i went to my local fixings place that we use at work before posting but as its not standard thread they wanted me to buy 200 minimum anyone got any web they use

cheers morten

You should be using 10.9 for calliper adapters from memory. I've used these guys before for (funnily enough) non standard screw thread bolts. They do small quantities (I bought 4).

http://www.nssocketscrews.com/

forum group buy on caliper bolts then, just need 250 or so punters :)

lol

he was very understanding and just chucked a coulpe across the counter for me; worked out they cost £1.22 and I threw him a pound coin. Said he'd be able to help in future with anything like this. Yu dont know until yu ask!!