Sign in to follow this  
smc240270

VR6 door cards into an early 16v ?

Is this possible, I'm about to start bidding on some on fleabay, and wonder if they'll fit the earlier bodies ? I know the window switches and mirror switch are different, but I am quite a PRO at a little bit of electrical bodgery, just will the clips be in the right places ?

Yup physically a straight swap.. but the mirror controller wiring is different 4 wire early and 6 late IIRC :shrug: Think wiring to window switches are different...

I have a complete greay early interior in teh loft if you want it? :norty:

Thanks Mr, but I have decent seats retrimmed in black leather and red alacantra, so looking for black interior door cards !!

I'm going to get bidding on these bits, seems a decent interior is hard to come by, or perhaps I am just too slow !!

hi there mate scrolling thro post to find a fellow member living in the same village as me :D

i live not far from the co-op a white G60 if youve seen it?

i only completed my door card conversion last week end so if you need a hand give me a shout. the only thing i came across doing the conversion is the early door handles are a different shape to late ones so you will need these aswell as the late doorcards. also there are 2 extra brackets on the door for the late ones which wont be on your early doors. :(

like i say give me a shout if you want any advise

stu

Hello Stu

I'm actually in Claydon, just outside Ipswich, but I believe I have seen your car about :clap:

I've got some door cards off another member, and they'll be here soon, and they are for my year car, so no conversion worries ! My next joy is stripping out all the carbon fibre nonsense and reinstalling standard black plastic in, so I'll be trawling E-bay !!

Any other Corrado nuts in the area ?

hi there mate scrolling thro post to find a fellow member living in the same village as me :D

i live not far from the co-op a white G60 if youve seen it?

i only completed my door card conversion last week end so if you need a hand give me a shout. the only thing i came across doing the conversion is the early door handles are a different shape to late ones so you will need these aswell as the late doorcards. also there are 2 extra brackets on the door for the late ones which wont be on your early doors. :(

like i say give me a shout if you want any advise

stu

are these really needed to put late door cards into early interior?

thanks!

you definatly need the early door handle but can get away with out the brackets just wont be as secure :D