Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

standalone system... yes its time...

Story time,

I've been dealing with Digifant systems for 6 years and I hate it, finally I finished college with my MS and got a decent paying job.

the corrado suffered over those years... no more!

SO with my 2.0L and my wonderful 8V head (yes I know, its not optimum but a lot of work went into it and it gets the job done) and my new replacement 1.6L supercharger I believe its time for standalone if I want to be able to adjust my boost on the fly (between 14 and 21 psi, yes I understand a map change may be necessary, it beats swapping a chip in the ECU)

The car will primarily be a track car, I have a daily driver so no worries about that.

I recall a while back there were a few standalone systems being used, they were on the pricey side but they were very good systems.

I would prefer a system that allows me to use a 3.0 bar fpr with whatever sized injectors, have a 300 kpa map sensor in it, also I would prefer if it was distributor triggered, if it has auto-tuning then thats even better.

I can use a crank trigger if necessary, though I really dont want to remove my crankshaft from the motor.

something that lets me modify the fueling map with an Iphone would be cool (though I doubt it exists yet)

so Im up for reccomendations here, and I dont want to hear the same old "just use digifant", sorry I want something I can really mess around with, I hated using an FMU, no more band aid fixes!

we are using an omex600 ecu on a throttle bodied mk1 2ltr cross flow 8v and i must say its a pleasure to use , you can change everything imaginable, it does not matter what injectors, boost you want to use the map can be changed, you will need a laptop though to change your settings and some idea of how it all works, if you do decide to go this route and need a hand just give me a shout, we are using a crank trigger , the easiest way to do it is to remove your crank pulley and just have the trigger pattern machined into it and then make a bracket up for your sensor