Sign in to follow this  
JonnyVR6

New storm driver

I have recently purchased a 94 Storm and have started reading about their common problems.

Is there any checks or servicing i should carry out. The car itself has never been modified.

many thanks

Welcome to the forum anyway Johnny :)

Mind telling us a little more about your car? Mileage, colour, interior, etc.. :)

I was gonna say that, but wasn't too sure. Thats why I was asking about colour / spec - wanted to make sure Jonny hadn't been mislead when he bought his car.

I just hope its not the one from Fountains Garage.....

i was just thinkin the same thing :roll:

great minds eh!... :wink:

Hi all thanks for the response

the date of registration is April 94

it say colour red on tax book but is the dark purply colour.

it has cream interior all around exept for the dash which is black

heated seats etc and as far as i have looked into it she is a storm, although i am aware i'm a newbe to this :lol:

Hm...

Well i'm afraid to say that your car does not sound like a Storm at all! If you were specifically looking for a Storm then I am afraid to say you have been told a porkie pie by whoever sold you the car.

Quick way to identify a Storm would be :

1995 or later registration.. (M/N/P(?) plate)

The BBS 'Solitude' 6 spoke alloy wheels..

Mystic blue paint with black leather interior OR Classic green with cream leather interior.

But either way, I hope its a sound car and it gives you many miles of painfree ownership :)

the car was owned by a friend of mine for 6yrs and i was lucky enough to take it of his hands. It has 102000 miles and so far the only thing i had to do was remove the alarm/emobilizer system and buy a new door handle.

Changed the cooling system in it today and have new plugs, leads etc ready to go in.

I have a 21 Turbo sitting as well but the VR6 is something alse.

Hi all thanks for the response

the date of registration is April 94

it say colour red on tax book but is the dark purply colour.

it has cream interior all around exept for the dash which is black

heated seats etc and as far as i have looked into it she is a storm, although i am aware i'm a newbe to this :lol:

right as others have pointed out with that registration date it will be a L-plater and is also a complete year before the storm was launched.......also if it says red in the log-book it wont be a mystic blue storm anyway.....as these AFAIK will have blue as the "primary" colour,also cream leather was only available with the classic green storm and of course non-storm VR's and both 8 and 16 valvers :wink:

what yours might have is a cream leather storm interior......as biggrim on the forum has that in his black G60 8) or it was maybe supplied with the cream leather interior......does it have the Karmann badge or storm badge on the centre console?????.....if it has the latter and IS April 94 reg'd then its been added...........and before you ask :wink: .....if its got a Karmann badge......its not a special edition :wink: :lol: :-P

How long does it take you to go through posts like this and change the instances of storm to be like that Roddy? :)

How long does it take you to go through posts like this and change the instances of storm to be like that Roddy? :)

seconds............... :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: