Sign in to follow this  
mlyon89

Severe Misfire!

Hi folks! Im having trouble with my old VR6!

It runs absolutely spot on one minute and the next has a massive misfire/fuel surge feeling that feels as bad as its going to rip engine mounts out! :shock:

It was doing it quite bad to start off with but if u drove it very and i mean VERY gently it wouldn't do it.

so i heard from some1 i work with and maybe info from a post on here that giving the throttle body a good clean can help matters with alot of problems.

So i whipped off the intake pipe and gave it a good blast with carb cleaner and a clean cloth! and for a while it seemed like it had solved the problem!

Any help much appreciated folks! :)

Hi,

I had a misfire on my VR6. Turned out to be MAF connection was loose. That was it. It misfired but also idled very rough.

If the MAF connection is fine. It may well be ignition comps. So check plug and leads to start with. If you havent changed the plugs then give them a change.

If the problem continues then you might have to look into new coilpack/dizzy cap etc. (depending on year)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!

Eh yeah I've tried that. new plugs,leads and it got a coilpack not long ago.

Sometimes its mostly worse after i've washed it so it could be moisture/water getting into the ecu being that its a quite open and exposed place?!?

Im going to try having a shot of my mates MAF of his VR and see if that makes any difference.

Cheers!