Sign in to follow this  
Richardshoes

Cylinder Bores Oversize G60

Hi guys.

I am trying to refurb a PG engine on a budget.

All bores read on average about 81.14mm - Bentley spec: 81.01 +/-0.08 - All four are oversize after honing to remove a ring ridge! :mad2:

All piston skirts come in at 80.95 - Bentley spec: 80.985 +/-0.04

The gap on the new rings will most likely be outwith new bore/ring tolerance but well within the wear limit of 1mm.

The piston can pivot a larger angle on the gudgeon due to the bore being oversize, but it is 0.025 on the radius which will equate to a very small increase in potential angular movement.

My feeling is it will be safe to continue, but I'd like some advice. If anyone can help or offer an opinion it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi mate,

Shame as i've got a decent G60 engine block you could have had for

free..,even the pistons are good,i've got so many bits clogging up the place.

I reckon on some piston slap cold(at least) and possibly higher oil consumption.

Was the ridge that bad?,could'nt you have just Flex-honed the bores?.

How is the eeprom reading coming along?,i'm in the same position as you...

I have decided to bore this block out and build a higher capacity engine. The bore geometry is a bit iffy, and I don't fancy cutting corners.

Regards the block you have with pistons - if it's still on offer I would really like it, as I intend on building a few of these engines. Let me know.

Eprom movement has been slow - been away on holiday for the last while. Plus I'm not allowed to talk about it on here :shock:

I'm based in Rome,Italy mate :D .

Your not allowed to talk about the eeprom programming??,that's fukin absurd,why not?.

Your in the same boat as me,ecu/chip wise.I've got the same problem on my T.16v 'raddo running

Weber/iaw managment.Who can you entrust your ride to and hope he don't fry pistons,rings etc.

Cheers.