Sign in to follow this  
Sam.l

A quick boost return delete question!

Hey all,

As many people have done before me, the boost return has been deleted from my '91 g60. Hada look on matey-matey.com and it suggested using an oil catch tank and breather filter attached to the head outlet to stop it spewing oil vapour in the engine bay. I was curious, do both have to be fitted or can i just use a breather filter? Have seen photos of g60 engine bays with just this filter. Any help is much appreciated :) .

Thanks guys.

I just had the filter fitted and ran the pipe to the bottom of the engine bay and never had any issues. I was going to get a custom catch tank made up but never ever got round to it.

Sounds like a good plan, was hoping i could just a filter but didnt think about running it to the bottom of the engine bay. Good idea :) .

I just had the filter fitted and ran the pipe to the bottom of the engine bay and never had any issues. I was going to get a custom catch tank made up but never ever got round to it.

i do the same , you need to run the pipe to the bottom of the bay because otherwise the oil vapour fumes will start to pi$$ you off

Think thats what ill do then :) , any ideas as to where i could get a suitable pipe to run the filter to the bottom of the engine bay? And i'm assuming something like a small pipercross or similar breather filter will do the trick?

Sorry guys, but was also wondering whether anyone can stick a photo of their engine bay just so i can see how you've angled the pipe etc etc. Hope this aint too cheeky! :)

Thanks.

Any help please anyone? what kind of pipe is best used and where could i get some from? sorry if these q's seem silly!

It is recommended that you do, though i havn't got round to it yet either. You can get some from G-werks i think. 'Bout 10 bucks.