Sign in to follow this  
krnau

front early top mounts' bearings, replaceable?

Hi. I am doing my suspesion on Monday so I will replace top mounts as well :)

Well, a garage will do it for me (I would fail Spanish MOT if this job is not done by a professional garage :pukeright: :pukeright: .....).

The thing is I only have one front top mount (357 412 329), so I need the other one! I haven't been able to manage to get a brand new one, so I have rung lots of vw parts shop and any of them is going to have it today :(

One of them has told me that he has the top mount's bearing (823 412 249), and that it can be 'easily' replaced.

I have been using CF's search and I have found that early-style top mounts are one-piece mounts; and late style ones are disassembleable.

So, my 1 question is: can early style front top mounts' bearing be replaced?

2 question. can I use golf mk2 front top mounts???

pics:

top mount:

%5Cmedia%5CBMP%5Cvignettes130%5C50%5CVKDC%2035101%20T.jpg

bearing:

%5Cmedia%5CBMP%5Cnormal%5C37%5CMK025.jpg

not as far as I know, they are so cheap, especially as aftemarket items, that they always get thrown away and totally replaced.

It's a passat item, so should be quite widely available?

hi. the thing is.. I have put my trust in that VW would have sold them to me, but they have been able to "collect" (from other spanish vw-s) only one front top mount.

I can get makes like Febi Bilstein or Monroe, but they wouldn't be available today :(

I have found this topic viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50442&hilit=golf+top+mount

it seems that golf mk2 g60 used early corrado front top mounts. so may it be that the other mk2's could have corrado top mounts fitted? if so, should I risk to buy one mk2 mount, or I'd better leave the one I have now (which I don't know if it is destroyed).???

thanks...

AFAIK mk2 top mounts are weaker than golf 2 G60 ones (the passat/early c type) so you could probably fit a pair but only as a temporary measure.

In fact quite a few mk2 owners use the corrado/passat/G60 mount as an upgrade :)

thanks for your help; but I have finally found a corrado top mount :D :D :D :D :D

my local garage has found it for me, so this thread can be locked.

thanks david :clap: