Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Con Rods

Ok, i have asked before and was told that the g60 roads are the strongest vw ones.

I am afraid that i might bend one when playing with setups on the engine (lots of boost :lol: )

has anyone gotten steel rods or titanium ones?

It may sound like overkill, but as someone once said to me, you can just leave it alone and not worry about it!

ANyone any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

LOL

They are darn strong.

Another option is 'Arrow' forged rods which are the 'Daddy's, but they do cost a little more that the set of forged pistons sitting on top of them.

arrow.JPG

Alright steve, you have most of the bits i need, so when are you going to have some prices for me????

But seriously what ort of money are you talking?

I was thinking along these lines too, because I'm planning on a 1.9 bottom end with forged pistons, and was thinking what con-rods to use. Will the standard ones be strong enough??

Apparently the G60 ones are the strongest ones vw made!

But you cant beat piece of mind

I was thinking along these lines too, because I'm planning on a 1.9 bottom end with forged pistons, and was thinking what con-rods to use. Will the standard ones be strong enough??

I'm using standard G60 rods in my 1940CC G60. The general consensus of all of the tuning companies I talked to before the rebuild was that the G60 rods are adequate for just about anything until you start sticking in silly amounts of boost. 8)

I'm using standard G60 rods in my 1940CC G60. The general consensus of all of the tuning companies I talked to before the rebuild was that the G60 rods are adequate for just about anything until you start sticking in silly amounts of boost. 8)

Silly amounts of Boost you say!! :lol:

That might be a plan :wink:

whats silly amounts of boost?

im not in that predicament but peeps need to know what they can get out of the standard ones.

id say that the amount of power that your gonna generate on a 8v with a Glader wont break standard rods.

havent some of the yanky doodles done 16vt conversions with 300WHP on G60 rods and forged pistons.