Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Weitec opinions

This isnt for a Corrado but i would llike some opinion on Weitec GT coilies, whos got them, quality, corrosion resistance.

I loved my old KWs and i know its very similar gear but at a considerable discount so thoughts please guys?

I believe Dave and Graham are selling them now and have heard pretty good reviews.

I've got a Weitec kit- not coilovers, but the ride quality and handling are superb. Much better than Koni kits I've had in the past. Reckon the coilovers would be excellent and they're a fantastic price at the mo.

I love mine, very supple and the car handles great, got the coilovers fitted with poly bushes and new top mounts, though i've never driven a Corrado with anything other than old standard suspension so can't compare.

Nice one guys, purchase made...

Good man, i have the TX's on my car, haven't once greased em in the 7 months that they've been on and they collars are perfectly free, not even close to seizing and the ride is sexy as is the handling! I had the car about an inch and a half off the floor at some points and still had 40mm or so left on the coilys so they go plenty low too. :D

I've had my Weitecs for coming on 3 years now. The ride is better than some coilovers I've felt but bit crashy for the roads in my area! I wish I'd gone for the TX's really.

Quality wise they're good, the threads come up like new after a clean. Only problem tho is they have weaker seals than the KW's, both my fronts are slightly leakin now :( Will be saving for some V3's next as they are leagues ahead!

At 3 times the price of the Weitec GTs the V3s should be good..

I swear by old V1s...

Well i have them now, im collecting a whole load of bits from VW today and over the weekend ill be putting them on...