Sign in to follow this  
krnau

back of the car sitting lower with eibachs. fixed

thanks for the pic. I will try and measure this distance this afternoon in my shocks. I would also like to compare it to an oem suspension as well, because if my shocks are too "short" I will get them back to the shop....

:)

one more pic, the modified konis with two more grooves cut 10mm and 20mm above the original 2 grooves

the original two grooves are the two bottom ones in the attached pic, they are about 20mm apart, I now have them set on the first of the new grooves I had cut i.e. 10mm above the highest original setting, the car now sits just right front/rear

koni-sp-rear1.jpg[/attachment:1vvsxx3v]

at what price are you going to sell them to me? :lol: :lol:

I will go to a garage on monday to ask for how much would it cost to do rear arches; if it costs too much, I will drop some koins in 8)

thakns for the pics :)

hi. I have stolen a pic from vwvortex:

25jdnnt.jpg

and I think I don't have what is labeled as "Cylindrical spacer", or, at least, it is not visible from outside. does anyone know where I can find some pics of corrado rear suspension assembly/disassembly? thanks :)

one more pic, the modified konis with two more grooves cut 10mm and 20mm above the original 2 grooves

the original two grooves are the two bottom ones in the attached pic, they are about 20mm apart, I now have them set on the first of the new grooves I had cut i.e. 10mm above the highest original setting, the car now sits just right front/rear

koni-sp-rear1.jpg[/attachment:310ilk7k]

hey m8 could you post a pic of the car sitting in the groove you machined? I might buy some konis (175€ for both, new) but I am not sure about machining another groove...

well I will finally go for some konis as recommended by you. I will pick them up in 2 weeks time from Andorra. Here in Spain they cost about 115€ each, and in andorra something like 67€ each!!!! :lol:

i will get some marlboros from there too, as they cost 3€ each box while in spain it costs 3.40€ each 8)

however, it is a 4 hour drive .... at 70km-h to avoid rubbing roto2rie.gif

well I will finally go for some konis as recommended by you. I will pick them up in 2 weeks time from Andorra. Here in Spain they cost about 115€ each, and in andorra something like 67€ each!!!! :lol:

i will get some marlboros from there too, as they cost 3€ each box while in spain it costs 3.40€ each 8)

however, it is a 4 hour drive .... at 70km-h to avoid rubbing roto2rie.gif

edit: petrol is cheaper there too. 1L 0.9€ :shock:

well I finally got rear konis fitted :grin:

the rear of the craprado has been lifted about 2cm "by eye" (this is, the 2cm that konis provide). However, I would like to ask a couple of questions:

1. I have screwed (screwed? :lol:) upper spring plate and spring isolator as much as I have could, so the upper plate is sitting now on the bottom of the shock's top thread. I imagine that if I leave top spring plate at 1 or 2cm on the lower section of the upper shock's thread, then I would be able to lift the car a lil more. would it be bad for driving or security?

2. I forgot about 2nd question :lol: :lol:

well I fitted new rear top mounts today. Apparently it has made no difference at all. However, the oe part number is 191 512 333 and the ones I have put today is 191 512 333 7rl. They look slightly different. does anyone know what car may they be from? thanks

Pic stolen from a japanese site, but it is the same as mine. The one on the left is the old, while the one on the right is the new one. Part number for the one on the right is the one ending in 7RL.

006.jpg

it is a lil thicker and also the diameter seems longer than the old one.

Any experiences with it?

site: http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~a2-golf/ has some interesting articles!