Sign in to follow this  
scotty_16v

l have a spare kr engine

hi peeps l am new to the corrado scene all l have had since l started driving have been polos and a caddy so thes are new to me

ret lets get down to business. l have a spare kr engine kicking about and l have just bort a 2l 16v (9a) rado is there any thing l can pinch off it eg cams or inlet?????????????? and what sort of gains will l get?????

cheers all

scotty

Welcome aboard matey :D

Grab the head off the KR mill along with it's cams

and bolt it onto the 9Ablock,change the pistons to forged jobbies and then turbo the bugger.

Have fun!.

If ya engines running fine then don't disturb your 9a head, there's very little difference in the heads, the kr will higher compression on a abf but not on a 9a so no real noticeable gains, put the inlet cam from th kr in, kr and 9a exaust cams are the same, you can put an abf exaust cam in tho. Check if your kr inlet manifold is the lager 50mm one that came on the early krs if so swap that for the 42mm one you will more than likely have on ur 9a, if ur not strapped for cash hang onto pretty much all the parts off the kr as most are fine for the 9a and will save ya money wen owt of urs fails, send ya kr head off for a port an polish wen ya have a few quid spare, otherwise just swap the kr inlet cam n sell the kr, there's loads of good 16v info on clubgti. I've been Geeking it up loads on there lately as I'm rebuilding a 9a top to bottom, and also have a kr lying around. and wanna squeeze everyting I can outta it.

cheers erny l have some spare time and cash on my hands now as l have just been banned for 6 weeks so l might have a play about while l carnt use the car haha

sorry for being bleak l had just twisted throtle on my supermoto and got caught on speed gun doing 86 in a 40 and l am well bored with no car or bike

sorry for being bleak l had just twisted throtle on my supermoto and got caught on speed gun doing 86 in a 40 and l am well bored with no car or bike

:shock: :nono: