Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Boost Gauge

I'm going to get a boost gauge in the G60 soon.

I only want to go for the single gauge so I'll have a pillar pod. I've found this one on http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/rgmstylin ... Type=PMS01

as in the pic:

LIpms01.jpg

Those with pillar pods, can you post pic's of yours & where you got it - & the URL if it's from a site :thumb right:

Also same for the boost gauge.

One last thing - how are these plumbed in on the G60??

Thanks for all the help

Dan 8)

I got my Autometer Prolite gauges from HERE.

The guy is really good with his prices and seems pretty genuine. It's the shop the Autometer group buy was going to be using before the group buy fell apart...

I bought the same pod with 2 holes,i have a air/fuel and boost gauge. To put it in that location as the pic you put the vacume cable through your dash speaker and hten out of your firewall through one of the holes. Personally i have conected hte boost tube where the co pot was previously conected to boost,would make it easier if my cam worked i could have taken a pic of my set up. i suggest that you buy a air fuel gauge aswell,will save you any major engine damage if youplan to play with timing and fueling.

just my 2p

migs

no need to go through the bulkhead for boost gauge. t-piece into the hose on the back of the clocks. you need to rremove the covers from under the steering wheel its a blackor white solid plastic hose with a rubber attachment on it. cut the rubber and t-piece in. get a v good seal on it and away you go.

Right peeps, I have my boost gauge now, I need an "A" Pillar Pod now - prefer in matt black. I did put an order in for the one on the top post but they are out of stock & don't know when they are getting any more.

So if anyone could point me in the right direction of a nice a pillar pod, that would me my appreciated

Cheers

Dan

the ones from RGM are Carbon effect, you could try Venom motorsport as they do list them, but thats where i ordered mine from and it came direct from RGM.

I sanded mine down and sprayed it with a satin finish paint and it matches the piler pod now.

Got my boost gauge and a post pod from Revotec..Search Internet. There boost gauge has Suercharger written in blue on a white face, i think they are the only company that does this... Good gear...

Guys,

I've been thinking about getting an A-pillar gauge pod for a while, could someone tell me what kind of boost gauge (psi) reading level I should go for?

looking at revotec ones they do:

Boost Gauge -1 to 2 bar

Boost Gauge 30HG to 30psi

Guys,

I've been thinking about getting an A-pillar gauge pod for a while, could someone tell me what kind of boost gauge (psi) reading level I should go for?

looking at revotec ones they do:

Boost Gauge -1 to 2 bar

Boost Gauge 30HG to 30psi

Horse's for courses there mate, some suit others better.

Personally I have gone for the PSI Boost gauge. I think it's easier to get an actuate reading from - Especially at a glance while driving! IMO anyway :wink:

Sill having trouble getting an a pillar pod!!! If anyone know where there I can get one (for the corrado - now some universal jobbie!) let me know. Links would be very handy!

Cheers

Dan

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=pillar

The below is a quote from the above. They also mention Nomad (who are the Notts based firm)

At last i found pods for the LHD!! Placed the order but havent recieved it yet so i dont know if its a perfect fit or if they look any good. It can be found on http://www.realcar.se on the bottom of the screen its a link for english translation.

They have dual and single pods, they cost abit tho around 50-60£

If you cant find your way around the site this is the the article code for

PILLAR MOUNTS LEFT VW CORRADO DOUBLE L/HAND VWCOR100852

And

PILLAR MOUNTS LEFT VW CORRADO SINGLE L/HAND VWCOR100851

then you can mail them for info at mailto:[email protected]

Hi,

Sorry to confuse people but I've logged in at home now & had to set up a new account as I couldn't remember my details.

Am I right in saying there are NO custom fit A-pillar pods available for the Corrado?

Cheers

Just looked at that RGM website and they do a double pod.

I was thinking about getting an Air/Fuel gauge to go in the other pod.

Has anyone seen the one Pitstop developments do.

I saw a pic the other day and it looks well smart. Has anyone got anymore info.

P.S. Sorry if this goes off the thread a little.

RACK

I just need to wire up the light in it now.

Question, where is the best place to wire it up to? I have had the head light switch out thinking it would seem quite obvious where the + & - would have to come in, but there were about 10 different wires back there??? Anyone help here?

Thanks

Dan