Sign in to follow this  
philie

Tensioner bushings who is making them

Hi all sorry about this but I seen someone had made billet aluminium bushing for the g lader tensioner a few weeks ago.Now I noticed mine are shot but cant find who was making them now.any help on who mad them or even were I can get some woul be appreciated Cheers.

he has ship to the USA

he sales on ebay world wide sand hem an email i'm sure he will post to Ireland

Thanks alot man is he on the forum I searched ebay as I seen them on it weeks ago but when I went to buy them I couldnt find it.

They look a good product but in my experience the damper will usually wear out before the bushes so you really need to change the whole unit - roughly every 60k miles.

Bushes only really get knackered taking the thing off and on again

Was about to say.... Wish I had seen this before I shelled out on a brand new Tensioner, but I suspect it was a better idea than just slapping in some new bushes seeing that I can compress the old one by hand but I have to get my full weight on the new one to move the bugger at all! Maybe I will pay someone to fit that for me as I dont have the 'tool'

ok thanks guys looks like a new tensioner.If this does not sort out my lack of power im seriously considering selling thecorrado.

ok thanks guys looks like a new tensioner.If this does not sort out my lack of power im seriously considering selling thecorrado.

have you tried a new belt i put a new on and it upt the boost

Also watch the size belts you get - non genuine ones are the wrong size for a standard pulley and a worn tensioner, should be a 6PK1658 but this is then way to big for a 68mm pulley which requires a 6PK1638 ideally. Crap belts also stretch, needs to be a Gates or Continental brand

They look a good product but in my experience the damper will usually wear out before the bushes so you really need to change the whole unit - roughly every 60k miles.

Bushes only really get knackered taking the thing off and on again

i could do with a new damper but won't to go tooth belt drive

http://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/shop,show ... 4,16,,.htm

& adjustable belt tensioner form http://www.slstuning.de

in the new year maybe :grin:

Also watch the size belts you get - non genuine ones are the wrong size for a standard pulley and a worn tensioner, should be a 6PK1658 but this is then way to big for a 68mm pulley which requires a 6PK1638 ideally. Crap belts also stretch, needs to be a Gates or Continental brand

in the instruction manuol 4 the corrado its 6pk 1653

have you tried a new belt i put a new on and it upt the boost

Yea ive tried everything new pulley Shorter belt a charger service all from g-werks.I have also changed the intercooler pipes to the bbm ones and had the timing done oh also a new chip from g-werks too.The car is better but I still think its lacking.I get readings from the mfa of between 1040 to 1200 on idle but the boost gauge i have fitted says -0.5 on idle and about 1.2bar full throtle but it just seems slugish and im getting annoyed with it I love it but just getting to me.

my mfa reading ish Photo0102.jpg[/attachment:35kkta3a] i get 16.5 to 17 psi gos wall on unleaded ( 95 )

is the unleaded in Ireland less than 95

my mfa reading ish Photo0102.jpg[/attachment:3gcen1ry] i get 16.5 to 17 psi gos wall on unleaded ( 95 )

is the unleaded in Ireland less than 95

yea the unleaded is 95>i have had the car since January and still cant get it running properly I mean a civic smoke me the other day I;m getting fed up wiyh the car might sell it and get an evo or something.