Sign in to follow this  
lockdown

Help needed with kr lump (pics enclosed)

I'm in the middle of putting my engine back together in the car. There are a few plugs that i can't remember for the life of me where they went.

This comes out on the left hand side of the car (as or standing in front) by the airbox.

img0295xg.jpg w640.png

This plug hangs down in the middle just behind the radiator.

img0296cr.jpg w640.png

This plug/bracket comes off of one of the HT leads

img0297v.jpg w640.png

The wire from this plug goes back to the bulkhead near the coil

img0298l.jpg w640.png

This bracket/earth type thingy has a strap coming from the coil

img0299y.jpg

Any help with where all these things go would be much appreciated

Thanks

the wire on the HT lead isn't needed for a 1.8 KR it's from a 2.016v ignition system

blue and white lead is for a variable pressure gauge not fitted as standard (VDO centre console type pressure gauge )

1st pic is the rad fan run on switch, stop fuel pipes getting too hot when engine is switched off, should run the fan if you earth the wire to the block

Bit confused with these aswell.

The 3 metal pipes coming from the airbox. Im sure at lest one of these goes on the end of the inlet manifold with the bolt with the hole though it. Is the one I have bolted on right and where do the other two go to? I have have another bolt with a hole in and its a larger size.

img0300wc.jpg

I did take pictures before it came apart but I seemed to have missed these bit out :(

Bit confused with these aswell.

The 3 metal pipes coming from the airbox. Im sure at lest one of these goes on the end of the inlet manifold with the bolt with the hole though it. Is the one I have bolted on right and where do the other two go to? I have have another bolt with a hole in and its a larger size.

img0300wc.jpg

I did take pictures before it came apart but I seemed to have missed these bit out :(

one metal pipe goes to the cold start injector

both of the other two, go to the warm up regulator

the white-blue wire in the 2nd pic might not be used. I think it is for oil press gauge which you might not have.

and the thingy in the first pic looks to me more like some broken sender or something, because it has a connector on one side..

Thanks arnau I found where they go now. Any ideas where the screw in thing with the brown wire coming from it by the airbox goes?

Thanks arnau I found where they go now. Any ideas where the screw in thing with the brown wire coming from it by the airbox goes?

if you can post a pic of where it comes from, I will try and go to my car later on and tell you where it is plugged in :)

that's the fan run on switch I mentioned

that's what I was going to say, but I kept myself in silence just in case :lol:

I think this wire is disconnected in my car because I don't have the sender (but the after run on fan, works correctly :shrug: )

that's what I was going to say, but I kept myself in silence just in case :lol:

I think this wire is disconnected in my car because I don't have the sender (but the after run on fan, works correctly :shrug: )

you may find the fan still runs on if the water temp switch on the radiator is still hot enough

Im also having trouble getting the cam belt tight. I have it round all the pulley's like it should with the tensioner in but it doesn't seem to want to go back how it was. Any tips for doing this?

Well I managed to put it back together to the best of my knowledge (and alot of help from here).

IT RAN! But like a bag of crap :lol:

Could this just be the timing?

I think that timing should have been one of the first things to check :)

it might be a leaky air pipe too

I have no clue how to do the timing. Think I need to find someone with a lot more knowledge than me.

My be time to ring the professionals haha

Thanks though guys you've been a massive help

Im going to have a play with the dizzy in the morning to see if I can get it running a bit better. My mates dropped off a timing gun, so i'll have to learn how to use that tomorrow.

All else fails i'll ring a pro :lol: