Sign in to follow this  
robtalbott

brakes rapidly deteriorating

my brakes were really spongy and you could press them flat to the floor so i bled them (te fluid was ancient so i put a good litre or 2 through i think) and it cured the problem. only thing is it's now gone back to that again from being really tight, ideas? i take it its losing compression somewhere over time as the garage also bled them when doing the MOT last week

it's worth noting this car has just been back on the road a week after 6 years of outdoor storage

Could possibly be the seals in the master cylinder if its been stood for so long....its not a green M plate Storm by any chance is it?

:lol: Yeah its generally a fault unique to them! No its just that I know of a Storm thats recently been put back on the road after 6 years standing and I wondered if it might have been you who bought it.

Hope you find the problem mate :)

Does sound like master cylinder, just had to do mine, had similar symptons. If there's no signs of leaking underneath the car then take the lower dash out and pull the carpet back to see if there's any sign of leaking around the pedal n servo