Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

What do i do with my Payrise

Options as Follows

Buy a New Seat Leon Cupra R 1.8t 20v, with about 225bhp, 230Nm/torque or the 1.9TDi with 150bhp or whatever it is with 320N/m tourque.

Buy a Golf Ltd for a REAL 16VG60

buy any of the above engines and slap it into my C.

Well we were saying that the Leon Cupra R was a potential Corrado successor. And damn they are nice cars.

You had enough of Corrado ownership Nigel?

Been in a fair few Seats myself (thats SEA-ATS) and yeah, the Curpa ones are mental. My favourite has to be a mate's Ibiza Cupra R, but the older shape. Bigger turbo, chipped, huge exhaust, the thing was mental and blasted 280bhp through the wheels and 380NM of torque. Can you say TORQUE-STEER. Dear-o-dear, but bloody mental on the motorway.

My only cripe about the whole of the Seat range is.... plastic.

They all feel plastic, look plastic, and rattle a bit plastic. You'll never get the C feel in one. But hey, its modern fun....

Now the new TDi Seats.... One chip and its on par with a standard VR6 - but twice the mpg and 100NM of extra torque. Gear ratios mean I still win though ;)

Seat definately have their head screwed on with this little lot though. Poor VW are lagging behind and £10k too expensive.

Anyway, Nige. Surely you'd prefer a little 1litre Seat Marbella.... :D In gay pink.

The VAG group is now set up so that Audi is the merc competitor, VW is going up market to fill audi's old shoes and Seat is going for the sportier approch and younger image, and skoda will never be cool.

I like the Leon, it is a bit plastic but all cars are now for safety i guess. the driving position sucks in the seat as it not the corrado one, but hey you only get that in another C or a go-kart.

The Cupra R is mentally fast, the three letter TDI normall Leon is fast but my G60 is as fast and pulls away at the top end. lower down the speed range the leon diesel does well to keep up (raced a few). I hear jabba are getting about 400bhp out of them

I'm really torn between the cars, old and new, Im going to have to test drive the leons and a few other cars too. (nothing like a few car brouchers in the back of a car when going to a garage to look at one.)

I have a few months to make my mind up and save for a large deposit on a new car or engine for the C.

what about a nice set of brembos and a power increase in yr c then it will go as good as a new car stop as good as one but ..... look alot better than most of the euro box's around now days ... just my 2p's worth :D

Well you might say Skoda will never be cool.

But quite frankly i'd take the Octavia RS over a great deal of other cars on the market. You get to drive a Seat/Audi/VW quality car with great performance.. tough luck to those who still think Skoda still represents cars made from papier mache and elastic bands.

Yeah but.. its still a cool car without a doubt. The grille admittedly does make it look a bit like a Rover, but with a liiiitle bit of work that car could awesome :)

Yeah but.. its still a cool car without a doubt. The grille admittedly does make it look a bit like a Rover, but with a liiiitle bit of work that car could awesome :)

yeah it looks like and Allegro, maybe you know who will buy one PMSL

yeah it looks like and Allegro, maybe you know who will buy one PMSL

oi dont dis the Allegro!!!!! :p :-P :lol: :lol: :lol:

of course with your HUGE payrise you could always make a donation to Andi's recent bandwidth bill :wink: :-P