Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Heated seat loom. whats it actually worth?

what is a heated seat loom + relays actually worth? minus the switch.

taking into account most that are sold are sold with relays that are as old as the car itself and you just dont know how far gone the relays are.

just out of interest guys :wink:

ill make one sortly and cough up the cash for NEW relays if i cant find one at a reasonable/realistic price. if it comes to that is there anyone local with a loom that i can copy? If youve still got yours Tom (toad) give me a shout (by the way i need to catch up with you soon, its been awhile! your vr is on the road!

Chris

I think the last one was sold for £100 without the relays or the switch!

Was a bit surprised by this!

I heard the relays were £40 each (x2) from VW?

I think the last one was sold for £100 without the relays or the switch!

Was a bit surprised by this!

I heard the relays were £40 each (x2) from VW?

that is unbelievable! £100 just for wires and a couple of plugs! :shock: we really need to stop encouraging these prices :cuckoo:

i understand new relays are worth £40 (from vw) but second hand (old ones) definately arent worth this without a guarantee.

It's swings and roundabouts mate - Some things genuinely are quite rare, so command a crazy price - even though they may simply be some wires and plugs ;)

Not sure you can get them from VW whole, but if you can, the prices are probably even more ridiculous.

On the other hand (as I sell a fair bit of kit on here) I see things that you'd genuinely think are worth good cash being sold for peanuts.... so as I said, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

God knows the values of the cars themselves fell through the floor!

It's swings and roundabouts mate - Some things genuinely are quite rare, so command a crazy price - even though they may simply be some wires and plugs ;)

Not sure you can get them from VW whole, but if you can, the prices are probably even more ridiculous.

On the other hand (as I sell a fair bit of kit on here) I see things that you'd genuinely think are worth good cash being sold for peanuts.... so as I said, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

God knows the values of the cars themselves fell through the floor!

ill have to enquire about the required plugs this weekend. if i can get them ill be more than happy to supply looms minus relays and the switch for £100 each :D just kiddin. in all honesty though, if the plugs are still avaiable and knowone has already posted a how to on these, ill get to making a thread for it.

thanks for responding to this post by the way :salute: its good to hear the views of others, and i totally agree, things do seem to swing in roundabouts

i brought the loom and relays for £80 off here and the switch for £20, so there you go, the £100 mark again!

i brought the loom and relays for £80 off here and the switch for £20, so there you go, the £100 mark again!

with the switch sounds more like it :)

I've just got some Recaros from a Colour Concept Golf and they have the relays under the seats.

Am I right in thinking all I need is a switch for the dashboard, a couple of plugs and some wire? That can't be worth 100 surely! :gag: