robtalbott

g-lader servicxing

hi guys,

i have a 76k g60 which hasnt ever been g-lader serviced, so im gonna get g-werks to do it (standard i think).

will i notice a performance increase from this? or is the servicing purely to make sure the charger doesnt blow?

also is it worth getting it stage 4-d? or would you stay with standard (will the cost difference be worth it)

If it's never been done then it's probably very tired by now so yes, you should see improved performance from it once it's been serviced. Same way you would see improved performance from your engine once that's been serviced.

If the seals are knackered you will see an improvement from just a rebuild. But I'd say since it's apart, you might as well go the whole hog and get it all ported and polished. But a 68/65mm pulley and chip will give you more gains than porting if you haven't already got it.

hadnt really thought about it much, is a remap necessary?

im all up for increasing efficiency but i'd rather not tinker with too much that'll effect economy as 27mpg (which im averaging at the moment) is bad enough as its my daily driver! thoughts?

I'd say it would be almost a shame to port it if it is original... as long as it's in good condition inside just got for a straight rebuild, if everything else is working ok you should see 30+ mpg easily!

hadnt really thought about it much, is a remap necessary?

im all up for increasing efficiency but i'd rather not tinker with too much that'll effect economy as 27mpg (which im averaging at the moment) is bad enough as its my daily driver! thoughts?

Remapping will give you more available power and should improve your mpg too (if its a good chip!). The pulley and chip is by far the cheapest way of increasing BHP, well worth it I reckon.

The SNS ones are pretty good, that's what G-werks sell. If you tell them what mods you have there will be an 'off the shelf' one for your car. Or you can look into live re-mapping if you have a heavily modded car but thats some serious £££ usually.

I think the G60 supercharger should be rebuilt at these intervals,

but really depends on what size pulley you're running.

78mm Std pulley fitted, then service every 45,000 miles

68mm pulley fitted, then service every 30,000 miles

65mm pulley fitted, then service every 20,000 miles

The smaller the pulley you fit then the faster the charger will spin,

hence more frequent servicing / rebuild of G-charger.

Check G-charger belt and pulleys and tensioner every 4,000 to 6,000 miles.

And the same for the power steering belt.

Due to the extra heat generated from the G-charger,

it might be a good idea to change the engine oil & filter as well every 5,000 to 6,000 miles max,

this way it should keep the engine and charger in good condition,

whether you're using expensive fully synthetic oil or not.

Hope this helps.

Si