Sign in to follow this  
cope

Passenger Window keeps going down on its own, what the......

Howdy, back here again ):

Well, one day out driving at -25 Degrees Celcuis nice and warm in the car, then all of a sudden the passenger window goes down and will not come back up with either switch and the driver side window will not go down either.

So i stop the car and turn it off. Turn the car back on still no go. Turn the car off again, and use the engine key in the door to see what it does and the window does go up all the way. So i turn ther car back on, and the damn window goes back down again and i am unable to bring it back up unless i use the door key.

Now when the window goes down, sometimes i can get it to go back up with the switch ( 1 -10 times ) but it comes back down. I can hear a clicking noise on the drivers side door, and it keeps clicking for a period of time, when this clicking noise occurs and the window it up, everytime its clicks the window goes down a tad and keeps doing it until its completely down. So sometimes it one shot it goes down, and sometimes in spurts i guess you could say.

Now today i took the drivers side door panel out to take a look at the wires etc ( not that i know what im doing hehe ) but i was unable to find any damaged wires of any sort. Reason i took the drivers side is because the continuous clicking noise when the window starts acting up is on this side. Drivers side window is fine, but when the passenger one screws up, the drivers side will not work either.

So this is where i am at right now.... Driver side door panel is taken out, ive disconnected the window switches and the Window still goes down by its self, lots of times is when i turn the car on its goes down and i cant use the switch to stop it.

Now ive noticed that the central locking is now not locking the passenger side, and i also here a weird sound coming from the rear right corner, close to the built in spear area just inbehind the seat. Sounds like a buzzing kind of noise.

Anyone have any ideas?? Maybe i can just remove the Fuse?? Not sure what one it is though.

#1 Passenger Window acting bonkers

#2 Central locing will not lock the passenger door anymore

#3 Weird buzzing noise from the passenger built in speak area in the back near the trunk.

Please help ! Its freezing when im driving and the damn window keeps going down

Cant think of what would be causing the window or lock fault apart from maybe a wire earthing out on the body somewhere. buzzing sound could be the fuel pump which on my 16v is under car near the driver side (rhd) back wheel.

Dont think its the fuel pump, i can hear it right inbehind the seat by the panel.

Ive read somewheres that it might be a power window/power lock problem which is right inbehind the left/right seat depending how you look at it hehe... if you sitting in the passenger seat its behind the seat in the back near the trunk.

I shall take a peep in there tomorrow if i can.

What do you guys think?

i had a similar problem with the drivers side window but no problems with the central locking... So window went down on its own n i couldn't get it to go back up.... looking at my bently manual... there was trouble shooting stuff, i followed the trouble shooting guide and in the end i found it to be the window control unit which is behind the rear-right side panel..... divers side in my case........... i orderd a new one from dealers as was dealer part only n it cost £110...OUCH.....anyway to get my window up i just followed the diagrm in the manual and at the plug that goes into the control unit using a bit of wire (the wire was rated at 20amps) i just created i shot from 12v to the motor and window was closed..... when i got the control unit i fitted it n now i have no problems.

BTW wen i spoke to VW dealer they had no idea that there was a win control unit so i had to take the unit to them..... he found it using the number on the unit.....

my car is a 91 G60 8v..... number on unit is:191 959 875........

3 eletrical connectors in total plug into my control unit........ i hope this helps

Thx for the info.

Glad im not the only one hehe... so i guess that weird noise in the back could be that unit.

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Thx!

that clicking sound together with the central locking not working means that the central locking pump is broken. its in the boot under the carpet trim on the right hand side. its in a large sponge case, disconnect that, if the window still goes down it will probably be what 'gareth' has said. the central locking pumps are quite expensive from the dealers, but i think you can use a pump from an audi, cant rememeber which one though?!!