Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Blanking off

I've just read the post about the twin inlets, and although it does sound like a top idea, I'm a bit more interested in blanking off the second inlet and dumping the boost return system. Just wondered what the pros and cons of this are?? :?

I've heard it makes the chager sound awesome??

Cheers ppl

Well the benefits that you get is the sound that the car makes. Sounds as if you have a dump valve. Another benefit is the heat reduction of the charger,when air is recurculated back to it it warms up therefore it heats the charger more which heats the overall boosted air. You wont losse any boost at full throttle because any returned air is clossed of by the butterfly vlave. Another benefit is that you dont get any oil residues into your charger (poluting) the charger and lowering the octane of your fuel. Only thing you have to sort out is put an isv resoute on your car and a oil catch tank or something to deal with your oil breather, i have put a filter in mine.

Sounds like a "must do" mod! Where abouts can I get the parts from and is it hard to fit?

ask darren he has few of them kits, u will need isv reroute, and blanking on plate, if u got a big budged u might also think of gettin the new catchtank darren is sellin looks nice and no oil smell in the cabin at all.

Huuuuum!! Interesting! How much for a complete kit?

Any performance increases noticed?

B4 & after pic's?

I'll be speaking to Darren pretty soon hopefully, and throwing him a load of cash (wink wink), so I'll talk it over.

One last thing, if I re-route the ISV, does that mean I'd have to bin the Check valve.