Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

idle problem on kr corrado

over the last few days the raddo has aquired an annoying problem

when i let of and put the clutch down the car wants to stall, it tries to idle at 300-350rpm then sometimes dies. On the way to the snowdome yesterday i noticed it was stinking of fuel when going through the roundabbouts as it was alot of stopping and starting.

when the car is restarted it then idles fine and if i drive without using more than half throttle it tends not to do it.

atm the wur is unplugged as the heater element is fooked, could this be causing it or is it going to be the icv?

Not sure what effect the WUR being disconnected will have, but I had a similar problem and cleaning out the ISV sorted it.

sounds like the idle circuit isn't being triggered, does the switch under the throttle body make contact properly with the throttle shut?

it happened to my rado on my 2nd day of ownership. when I put the food down to the clutch pedal, revs dropped slightly. after some hours it started to stall when I pushed the clutch. after a little while, it started sounding like ÑIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRCYYCYCYCYYCYCYCTCTTCTCT when I pressed the clutch and it came out to be a total-destroyed clutch collar :?

hope it's not what is happening to yours, really!

im not sure, havnt reallt had chance to look, ill have a look in a bit

clutch is fine, its something on the idle circuit casuing it

cant wait now untill ive finished building my new engine to make the raddo quicker with hopefully less frombelms as this engine has quite a few problems with the mfi