Sign in to follow this  
V33DUB

Mixed Tyres

Hi all... just a quick one. Is mixing tyre brands ok (short term). Will be same size but a mix of toyo and brigestone.This is literaly just to get me through a couple of months with a decent amount of tread. Cheers

Front to back should be ok. Used to have ditch finders on the back of the Passat with good front tyres, lift of oversteer in an estate is quite funny.

as long as your not in a race it should be fine, my 2nd has crap tyres on it, but i just may sure i drive slow and leave plenty of stopping space :lol:

My 16V daily has 4 different makes of tyre but all the same size. I've had no issues at all.

Youve taken that too far..........

My 16V daily has 4 different makes of tyre but all the same size. I've had no issues at all.

:lol:

I've run my cars on a mix of tyres in the past. Only thing you need to be wary of is that there can be a discrepancy between the sizes of the tyres between manufacturers. I.e. not every 195/50 r15 tyre will actually be the same width.

It works :) But then my daily is 20 years old, never goes over 70 and I drive it for MPG not MPH. If it was my weekend car then I'd invest in some better rubber.

:lol:

I've run my cars on a mix of tyres in the past. Only thing you need to be wary of is that there can be a discrepancy between the sizes of the tyres between manufacturers. I.e. not every 195/50 r15 tyre will actually be the same width.

I never knew that!