Sign in to follow this  
Chris

will a vr6 fuel pump drop into a 2.0l 16v fuel tank?

If i recall the 9A's tank has a smaller opening compared to the Vr's fuel tank.

What are you trying to do?,fuel lifter pump packed up?

If i recall the 9A's tank has a smaller opening compared to the Vr's fuel tank.

What are you trying to do?,fuel lifter pump packed up?

lol, yeah i believe its playing, the main fuel pump went the other week so i replaced that got the car working again and i noticed that the pump sometimes struggles (loud whirring/buzzing). sound like the supply to the main pump is being affected. theres nothing else in the system that i can think of that would cause this.

i noticed the car stalling when idling occassionally, this got worse and more frequent for about a month or 2 before the main pump packed up. when i replaced the pump the stalling problem went away almost completely, it idles better too, but it very occassionally stalls still so im thinking tank lift pump is the main problem...

i thought it was the maf at first but it looks completely fuel pump related now.

chris

i put a vr pump ito my 9a tank and it fitted so yh i would say so

thats good news :) no mods needed? it will just spin into my existing 9A tank as normal?

I think the VR pump clips to the bottom of the tank, while the 16v in tank pump is attached to a bar from the cover plate. I imagine you have the moldings in the tank though. So it should be fine.

Would I be right assuming the 1.8, 2.0l and vr tanks are all the same and that the fuel pumps are the only difference? And fitting a vr pump would mean everyone with a 1.8/2.0l would be able to scrap the external pump? I know vrs can run on 1.8 an 2.0l pumps fine but would k-jet cars be fine with the extra pressure the vr pump provIdes even tho it is very little

Would I be right assuming the 1.8, 2.0l and vr tanks are all the same and that the fuel pumps are the only difference? And fitting a vr pump would mean everyone with a 1.8/2.0l would be able to scrap the external pump? I know vrs can run on 1.8 an 2.0l pumps fine but would k-jet cars be fine with the extra pressure the vr pump provIdes even tho it is very little

the vr pumps run around 5 bar and the 16v's run around 7 bar. i'd probably say no but then ive never done it so would'nt know.

in answer to this topic...

no a vr6 fuel pump will not fit a 2.0l 16v fuel tank. the lid opening is the same but there is no mounting position at the bottom of the tank for the vr pump.