Sign in to follow this  
Novastrike

Attempted Break-in

Hi Guys,

Some arse has tried to break into my car last night and has ripped the door handle off the door. they were unsuccessful but have managed to damage a fair old portion of the door. It appears as though they only cut the wire connecting the door handle to the wire and there doesn't appear to be any further damage. Does this mean i just need a new handle?

Thanks

John

afaik the handle has its own loom which

connects inside the door,

should be just a replacement job.

have you to repair the door?

:censored: scumbags.

They have been at it with a screwdriver or crowbar and bent the metal a little + added an almight scratch so a once perfect door is now a bit fucked... It appears that they cut/tore the wire out of the door handle itself. If this is the case should the loom be ok with any door handle or are they specific?

JP

Gutted for you mate.. :-( must have been kids though (or of course a complete numpty!) as it only takes a flat blade screwdriver and less than 10seconds to break into a C if you know what your doing, so :censored: annoying when some scrote damages your pride and joy though, have you had the filth round to check for finger prints etc?

Sorry to hear about it but its a good excuse to do a Audi door handle conversion :D

only problem with audi handles, when battery dies out climb through the trunk ^^ happened few times to me already and i only had handles installed for less then a year.