Sign in to follow this  
flyingmatt555

15 x 8" Schmidt Modernlines ... Do they the fit on a VR6?

Hi guys, pretty new to Corrado VR6 ownership, anybody know whats size alloys I can fit without having to roll the arches?

I am looking for 15 to 16" alloys but want them to look pretty wide without having to modify the car to fit. (I own a standard Storm and want to keep the car as original as poss)

I am thinking of Schmidts / Lensos for the dish / Split rim look .... Any help would be great.

Matt.

Is your car lowered mate? it all depends on that really. if its not lowered it wont rub on 16s. but if it is lowered i might rub a little bit on the back. depends how much its lowered.

you want to look at Bally's car to see how good the schmidts can look on a Corrado especially in 16", but either way they won't look right with the standard ride height. If staying with stock suspension stick with the solitudes. If you do go ahead with the ride height set and the right tyres fitment should be easy enough

Is your car lowered mate? it all depends on that really. if its not lowered it wont rub on 16s. but if it is lowered i might rub a little bit on the back. depends how much its lowered.

No its standard suspension mate. I have seen the 15 x 8" Schmidts on rimstyle.co.uk for the corrado but not sure if they will look right / fit ok?

Thinking of lowering 30mm as the arch gap is huge standard!

What you got on yours?

does this mean 17" will defo rub, I was looking at some 17" running on 215/40/17 then lowering it a tad, will I need to roll the arches?

No its standard suspension mate. I have seen the 15 x 8" Schmidts on rimstyle.co.uk for the corrado but not sure if they will look right / fit ok?

Thinking of lowering 30mm as the arch gap is huge standard!

What you got on yours?

i have keskin kt1s on mine mate 16x9 and 16x7.5 and its lowered 40 mm and rubs a lil bit. so i need to get my arches rolled too! your best off rolling the arches mate. doesnt make the car look any different and it doesnt cost much either!!

does this mean 17" will defo rub, I was looking at some 17" running on 215/40/17 then lowering it a tad, will I need to roll the arches?

17's are fine, 215 tyres are a bit fat, better with 205's :wave: