Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

Cleaning the manifold

Saw an ad in the parts for sale forum just now refering to an manifold for sale stating "usual corrosion". Simply question, what is the best thing to clean it with? When I rode a bike everyday, in the winter I used to spray the exhaust headers with WD40 which was always good for a bit of smoke - not something I want to use on the Corrado!

Now that looks nice - would make the rest of the car look a bit shoddy.

A bit more bling than I really need to be honest. Would something like Barkeepers friend or doctor Power be worth a bit of elbow grease to lift some of the worst corrosion off?

Its not bling just very clean :shock: , do it insitu by periodically going back to it using degreaser and a brush etc or scotchbrite and it will come up much better

I meant no offence - I have seen some EXTREMELY shiny examples - I merely meant I was looking for a clean but standard look.

It sounds like oven cleaner is worth a go - I'll mention it to Mrs 4eyes, she is meant to clean things around here :shock:

As Gareth says buddy, just a scrub with a good degreaser and scotch cloth will do a good job. I do love the look of mine though as its bare alloy &

(not painted as some may think) which is how it would look from the factory! :grin:

Thanks chaps -that will give me something to do while Mrs 4eyes and little 4eyes are visiting the outlaws in Pontefract after Christmas. :salute: