Sign in to follow this  
STVR6

My vr6 carried on from newbie section,please read !

Thanks for your comments so far in newbie section, as for getting pics on, i get it back next friday so will get some on here. As for the timing chaines.. if all looks ok, and it certinly sounds ok with no clattering noices etc theres no need to change..right ?

Also as im doing schimmel 263 cams,k&n, full system,288 fronts i was thinking bout geting a performance clutch fitted, is this good idea or best to leave it untill chaines need doing ? If so any recommended clutch kits ?

Lastly to go with my full system, hi flow sports cat etc, well im doing it for not alot more i can have a fast flow staniless manifold... is this worth doing well the works being done..?

Thanks for the help so far, scott.

Im also just about to order leads and plugs so just after your views are these a good choice or can you recomend better..im going for K1 performance ht leads, and NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, both new.

thanks

Your current clutch will be fine with those mods. If you have to have an upgraded one, wait until you get the chains done ;) I would go for the manifold- will work well with the other mods, but don't expect miracles. It will sound good too, but make sure you wrap it well before fitting.

Heres a list of my recipet from LMK vw where i had all the work done in december.

Full service,oil filter,oil,screen wash,air filter etc.

Replaced n/s/f & o/s/f suspention lower arms & outer ball joints.

Replaced front antirollbar drop links & inner bushes & brackets.

Replaced front suspention upper mounts & bearings.

Fit new coilovers (i supplied)

Replace rear axle bushes & brake compensator & brake flexi hoses & joints.

Renew all rusted nuts and bolts.

replace all bulbs with white bulbs (i supplyed)

Ive now had new drilled grooved discs all round (288 front) new omp road race pads all round, new front hoses (d&g) and the new front calipers fitted (cheers geff (phatvalver))

Also fitted new set orignal ht leads.

Car is running really well !! Just the schimmel 263 cams to get and fit and im done !!

new pics when weather clears with badgeless grill and bonnet bra and rear wiper removed !

cheers

hi,

can i ask how much LMK vw charged for all that work? as im looking to have similar things done to mine.

taa

Just to let you all no, car now for sale, check my other post or contact, thanks

My corrado is now for sale, today had new mot, and is now 99% std ready to sell ! All ive left is the 288 set up with

performance discs and pads all round. A for sale post will soon be up, its 100% with every working, tax...and new mot !

Look out for for sale post !