Sign in to follow this  
g60inca

g60 boost over 1bar??

hey peeps! i have a g60 corrado running 14 psi of boost. it has a 68mm chip and pulley kit and a few other mods. i wana go to a 65mm as id like to get it to 17-18psi :D . il be upgrading the injectors at the same time but wondered about the map sensor, as ive read it only holds 1 bar (14.7) psi of boost? any ways around this? im still running boost recirc. at the moment if that matters. cheers

Standard setup should bleed away anything that you gain over 1 bar. When I went from 68 to 65 I didn't notice much of an increase in peak pressure, but it definately came in earlier (I was also using a flowed head so my peak pressure didn't get about 12psi anyway). If you want to modify the ECU, then that can be done - you can fit a 250kpa map sensor as used on the Rallyes.

yeh it does pull well with 14psi, i mite just head down the new cam/injectors route, make bit more use of the boost.

Best thing to do in this situation is to fit either a rallye ECU (rare) or a ported head.

The head work is one of the best mods to do anyway on a G60 and the increase in port size brings the boost figure down.