Sign in to follow this  
eddy.h

vr6 wishbones etc too fit g60 subframe

hi all

i wood like to go 312mm ( may go 288mm first ) front brakes on my g60 but dont won't to do re-dilled disc or machined caliper carrier

if i got the following parts wood they fit to the g60 subframe or wood i need the vr6 subframe aswill

vr6 parts

wishbones

balljoints

tie rods + ends

arb links + arb

wheel bearing housings + hubs

driveshafts

5 × 100 wheels

thanks inadvance eddy :D

Right,the wishbones will fit but have a different anti-roll bar end fitting compared to the g60,the vr has little uniball type attachments as the g60 has rubber bushs that bolt onto the wishbone so you'll need the vr's roll bar aswell.

The ball joints are the same on both versions but the tie rods are different,you can use the Vr's ZF steering arms on the g60's TRW steering rack but the vr's arms are longer and the inner threaded portion that threads into the rack's ram won't go all the way in,but i've been running a Vr6 ZF rack on my g60 for a while and i've never had any problems,unless your running 205/50/15" tyres,then the tyres will rub,especially if your 'raddo is lowered.

Hub bearing housings will go on but hubs are different as the vr's cv joints have a bigger splined shaft compared to the g60's versions,they are also glued into the hubs when new and are bastids to remove..

Just bolt up the compleat Vr driveshafts/cv joints onto the g60's 'boxs output flanges.

The Vr's subframe has a different engine mount compared to the g60's mount so why bother?

I think that covers it,i can't think of anything else but as i've got the flu and i feel like $hit warmed up double check

my advice anyway,it's been a few years now since i swapped over Vr bits onto g60s.

Cheers.

Right,the wishbones will fit but have a different anti-roll bar end fitting compared to the g60,the vr has little uniball type attachments as the g60 has rubber bushs that bolt onto the wishbone so you'll need the vr's roll bar aswell.

The ball joints are the same on both versions but the tie rods are different,you can use the Vr's ZF steering arms on the g60's TRW steering rack but the vr's arms are longer and the inner threaded portion that threads into the rack's ram won't go all the way in,but i've been running a Vr6 ZF rack on my g60 for a while and i've never had any problems,unless your running 205/50/15" tyres,then the tyres will rub,especially if your 'raddo is lowered.

Hub bearing housings will go on but hubs are different as the vr's cv joints have a bigger splined shaft compared to the g60's versions,they are also glued into the hubs when new and are bastids to remove..

Just bolt up the compleat Vr driveshafts/cv joints onto the g60's 'boxs output flanges.

The Vr's subframe has a different engine mount compared to the g60's mount so why bother?

I think that covers it,i can't think of anything else but as i've got the flu and i feel like $hit warmed up double check

my advice anyway,it's been a few years now since i swapped over Vr bits onto g60s.

Cheers.

thanks very much veedubbed & hope you feel better soon

i was going to bi sum of the parts new so you have help me her :thumbleft:

am i write in saying the mk3 golf vr6 wheel bearing housing + hub the same as the rado vr6

i can get them with 288mm brakes .

i was thinking of beetle steel wheels for now 16" i think

Allrite mate,

Ignore that bit about the Vr's ZF steering rack though as you've no need to go through the hassle

of changing it,i just outlined what i did on my car 'cos i got given a load of nearly new Vr bits a few years back.

Basicly just bolt on the Vr hubs/compleat drive shafts etc.

The only other thing you'll need is obviously the rear 5 bolt hubs and when swapping over the tierod ends be carefull as they are sided L/R stamped on the (original equipment version) tierods,it was confusing 'cos i could never tell which side of the car Vw was refering to,looking from the back of the car or the front?,anyway just do 1 at a time.

No need for the Vr's ARB either as there will be no easy way of attaching it to the g60's wishbones and there's no need.