Sign in to follow this  
brasso88

golf vr6 engine into a rado 16v

got offerered a mk3 golf vr6 and want to put the engine into 90' my corrado 16v, just woundering if there is anything that i will need that i wont have between the 2 cars, before i start the conversion. n e info on the wireing would be great 2. thanks

everyone will tell you that you shouldn't bother putting a VR into a valver because there are lots of other things you have to change as well as just the engine. depends on your budget and ability to do it yourself though. its easier but maybe more expensive to put a 1.8T engine into a valver but a VR is possible with the right secondhand parts.

best off doing a search though as the question has been asked before and the information will all be there.

just go and buy a corrado vr6 then, why bother with all the hassle etc etc when you can just go out and buy one.

i done quite afew conversions before but not on vw, so i dont mind the challenge, the reason i want to do it is the fact i got a corrado here that i got for a project and i just picked up a complete mk3 golf vr6 for £120 lol. so y not. i did try serching but didnt really find n e thing.

Mk2vr6.com so much info on there mate, rados n mk2s share the same front end, valver fuel pump is sufficient enough, u will need a vr subframe from a rado or mk3, engine, gearbox, ecu, loom is plug n play, on mk2 u need to do a little jump d8 to d12 on the fuse board if I remember right o make the clocks work, but as corrados come with vrs, this may differ, some stuff will be dependant on weather u have a early or late valver, I imagine vr n valver front crossmembers differ, u can use the valver wish bones n driveshafts, there's prolly more but I can't remeber right now