Sign in to follow this  
dbpvr6

Car Covers

Just wondered if anyone has used one? ie are they good or can they actually cause more harm by trapping moisture/rubbing etc.

Don't have the luxury of a garage, but car isn't a daily driver so would like to keep it as protected as poss

Any experiences ?

to start with i aint got one, but ive read fair bit about them and a mate of amate had one :cuckoo: haha

and the problems with rubbing a sweating where the problems he had, but to stop the sweat he had to take the cover of like once a week to let it air, and as for rubbing well his car did get wear marks on it so not that good, BUT his was a £5 cheap jobby

but you can get car covers that have a padded inner and breatherable outer to help stop these problems, basically you get what you pay for and with one of these id pay more for a good cover

i dont know any makes but im sure people who have got them will tell you which they have and how good or bad they are

Ive got the luxury car cover from halfords.

It's pretty good for the C, doesn't sweat and is 100% water proof. There are no straps though, just elastic so it does have a tendency to blow off the car! :mad2:

Perksy's right... you get what you pay for. There are a few places where you can get fitted ones for your car and they really are the bee's knee's, they'll cost ya around £150 bucks though. If u aint worried about the wind however id just get the good halfords one. does the job

I'll let you know tomorrow. I've used my Halfords one all week for the first time (a medium breathable one priced at £64.99 and comes with straps). Tomorrow I will be unveiling the Storm and then assess the outcome.

I bought one off ebay for around 35 pounds for my Mk2 Golf. Was absolutely fine, water proof and a soft plush inner. Very happy with it so i'd have a look on ebay first!

Cheers all. Get what you pay for seems logical and is true for most things! Not sure I'd pay £150 would be nicked in no time knowing my luck. Fed up of the bloody pigeon crap!

Ive got the luxury car cover from halfords.

It's pretty good for the C, doesn't sweat and is 100% water proof. There are no straps though, just elastic so it does have a tendency to blow off the car! :mad2:

Perksy's right... you get what you pay for. There are a few places where you can get fitted ones for your car and they really are the bee's knee's, they'll cost ya around £150 bucks though. If u aint worried about the wind however id just get the good halfords one. does the job

I got the luxury car cover from Halfords too.. medium size is just about right for the Corrado, though unlike Alex, mine has does have two straps - one at each end which you run under the car which stops it from blowing away.

Think it was £65.00 - it's withstood rain and pigeon shite now for a few weeks and last time I had the cover off there didn't seem to be any blemishes or anything - looked just as it did when I'd washed it the week before. More than happy to endorse it as a good product! :)

Fully agree with Jim. Took the Halfords cover off today and was most impressed to still have a dry and shiny car. The Storm had a nice shake down drive along the A329M and a quick trip to the shops before heading back, parking up and getting the cover on just before the rain started. Phew! :)