Sign in to follow this  
nelds

heater controls

I have an early spec and the bulb has blown in my heater controls (the slider ones) I've removed the front panel and dismantled it to remove the bulb and holder as they appear to be a single unit. My local VW dealer cannot find a part number or any info to order me one. I seem to recall on the MK1 golfs you had to replace the whole panel and you had no access to bulbs. Does anybody have a part number or more info...??????

The bulbs are not available separately from VW and the faceplate is not designed to be dismantled. However it can be, although it will need gluing together afterwards. Basically just fit a 12v bulb from Maplins thats the same physical size as the original. Quite a few have done that so there should be some threads on here about it.

i managed to dismantle the panel without damaging it, the bulb looks like it wired/soldered in the holder.???

The brown bulb holder should push out from the back of the faceplate (push on the 2 flat pins). The pins can then be pulled out (you'll need to grip them firmly with pliers as they are a tight fit into the brown plastic). This should then release the bulb.