Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Sony ISO Leads

I've been given a stereo. It's a sony which would of been fitted into a rado in 1996. it's got no leads with it.......

can i buy a set of ISO leads from say ebay / halfords for a sony and expect the plug to fit in the back ??? or do different sony head units come with different plug fittings in the back.... or would a trip to maplins see me better.

thanks.... with a bit more research on that site found the head unit listed with the correct ISO lead.

:D

Oh the problem i had was on the original iso blocks in the car the perm live and switched live were the wrong way round the ISO block. So i had to buy another along with the metal pins and rewire it. But i'm sure you'll find that out when you go fit it if it resets itself.

The vw supplied sony radio/cassette in my '95 polo has a switch on the top that has the same effect without having to faff about with the ISO.

Oh the problem i had was on the original iso blocks in the car the perm live and switched live were the wrong way round the ISO block. So i had to buy another along with the metal pins and rewire it. But i'm sure you'll find that out when you go fit it if it resets itself.

I've got that problem, but it looks like just one wire in the wrong slot. I tried for ages to get the pin out to put the wire and pin into the correct slot but couldnt work out the mechanism holding it in place. One bit of plastic slides sideways to allow it to move but it wouldnt budge.

Better just cutting the wire and putting a new pin on, then sticking it in the right slot you think?

Shane

I've got that problem, but it looks like just one wire in the wrong slot. I tried for ages to get the pin out to put the wire and pin into the correct slot but couldnt work out the mechanism holding it in place. One bit of plastic slides sideways to allow it to move but it wouldnt budge.

Better just cutting the wire and putting a new pin on, then sticking it in the right slot you think?

Shane[/quote:1cl098l2]

Yeah i tried for ages to get the pins out, apparently they DO come out but i couldnt do it.

Its prob easier to just get some pins and a new block and rewire it tbh... thats what i found anyway.