Sign in to follow this  
mlyon89

VR6 ' N a Seat Ibiza cupra Gti.

Arite guys/gals!

I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help with this one.

I already have a corrado VR6 but i've had my Cupra Gti 8v for ages and am contemplating Vr6'ing it coz i've heard its not to hard a conversion.

I was wondering if anyone knows the full ins and outs of whats needed to go through with the conversion like what drive shafts to use,convert it to 5 stud? Ecu? Loom? Engine mounts change full pump, keep it hydraulic clutch or swap so its cable?!? etc... It maybe seems like a silly idea considering i hav a perfectly all well and good running rado vr!lol! Dont worry though im not strippin my rado of its V6 i'll be sourcing another engine/box etc when i decide to go ahead with it!loL!

Cheers in advance for any replies!! :D

I've seen vrs in ibizas before, youed be best askin(if u haven't already) on seat forums, go check out www.mk2vr6.com and check out the parts needed and what parts you can mix up. it should give u a good idea, Sorry I can't be more help

Arite guys/gals!

I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help with this one.

I already have a corrado VR6 but i've had my Cupra Gti 8v for ages and am contemplating Vr6'ing it coz i've heard its not to hard a conversion.

I was wondering if anyone knows the full ins and outs of whats needed to go through with the conversion like what drive shafts to use,convert it to 5 stud? Ecu? Loom? Engine mounts change full pump, keep it hydraulic clutch or swap so its cable?!? etc... It maybe seems like a silly idea considering i hav a perfectly all well and good running rado vr!lol! Dont worry though im not strippin my rado of its V6 i'll be sourcing another engine/box etc when i decide to go ahead with it!loL!

Cheers in advance for any replies!! :D

Can't help with the conversion malarky, but friendly-five to you for running the same two motors as me!

Whatcha got? Mine's a black 96 N-plate VR6 for the weekends and bronze P-plated Cupra for the commute.

Cheers for that link Erny! i'll check it out!

Quality matching motors!lol! Mines a blackberry M 95 Vr Rado and a Bronze R-reg Ibiza cupra gti!loL!

The Ibiza's not running and has the head off anyway so thats y im considering just rippin the lot out!lol!

So im running a White Pulsar at the mom coz the rado's been out of Mot for over a month now and with all the snow up my neck of the woods lately the pulsar's been awsome so the rado's been left in the garage for now outa the cold! :lol:

This is almost like a little club. Ive got same 2 engines too :clap: Green 94 VR6 and Yellow 99 cupra although at the moment both seem to be for the weekend :cuckoo:

Mylon89, have you searched on seatcupra.net/forums ?? There are a couple of guys that have gone down that route although they may have used the Golf VR6 engines and not corrado. Worth checking out though.

Lol! It seems we do hav a group forming!lol!

Well i have been on that site but it seems to be a tad vague.

Im just needing a s**t list of whats needed.

I'll easily use a golf VR6 engine but i'd rather drop the rado one in being that it has that extra bit of power to start off with! :)

Just an update on the situation!

My 2.8 VR6 engine,box,loom and all ancillarys are on route from leicstershire!

so all i need is Ibiza 16 valve drive shafts and hubs and am ready to do the conversion!

Once i get started i'll prob get some pics up etc! :)