Sign in to follow this  
thegrouch

mirror troubles

Having trouble with the mirrors on my 95 vr6 storm, both of em packed up at the same time, all i get wen pressing the joystick is a clicking at the motor (in the mirror) thought it might b the fuse but turns out there's no fuse listed 4 the mirrors which i thought strange! Any ideas guys???

Fuse 14 is the Mirror movement and 9 is for the heating...

Not sure it will be a fuse though as it sounds like they are trying to move - not frozen are they?

Hmmm, 14 and 9 u reckon? I'd of sworn wen I looked there was nothin listed 4 mirrors but that cud well b me Just bein thick - would'nt b the 1st time! Defo not frozen, they've bin like that since lst summer, I'm not as slack as ur thinkin tho the engines bin out since September. Oh well maybe I AM that slack then Haha! Cheers 4 that pal, I'll check it out 2mrw.

Checked the fuse box, 9 is listed as heated rear screen and 14 is reversing lights and both ok so back to the drawing board. Any1 any other ideas? :confused4:

I remember looking at fuses when one of my mirrors stopped moving and found that the mirrors and the reversing lights were on the same fuse.

Try just pressing the mirror with your and then try the controls again. I've found if ive washed the car and press the mirror hard enough to move the glass that it can cause the glass to get stuck, but the motor does try to move it like you say. Odd that this would be the case on both mirrors... worth a try though.

Checked the fuse box, 9 is listed as heated rear screen and 14 is reversing lights and both ok so back to the drawing board. Any1 any other ideas? :confused4:

Check 17 my mirrors wouldnt work and it was fuse 17 that kept blowing I found a short worked for a week then nothing went to check 17 it was fine then found 14 is blowing all the time.Also take out the switch and take it apart clean all the contacts and little barbells in it hope this helps.

.Also take out the switch and take it apart clean all the contacts and little barbells in it hope this helps.

Clicky HERE for pics of switch internals, mind the springs!! 8)

mine did exactly the same, cleaning the contacts and barbells fixed it, there are some pics in my post in members gallery if you look through my posts.

HTH

Rich