Sign in to follow this  
g60pops

Hesitant G60

Just changed the camshaft, intermediate shaft and crankshaft oil seals aswell as the timing belt,timing belt tensioner,ribbed belt and crankshaft bolt. I marked all the pulleys with tipex before i took them off.

Now the car is hesitant in 3rd,4th and 5th gears, it seems to hold back and then it goes. Also the idle fluctuates between 800 and 900 rpm,rather than idling at 9000rpm like how it was before i carried out the work.

Help, what have i done wrong??

Sounds like there is a leak in the pipe that runs from the throttle body to the ECU. If this leaks (even a tiny one) it will run really hesitant until the revs get up. Check its not fraying and split just behind the throttle body, if it is cut the tired bit off re-attach it and take it for a run, if its OK replace the whole pipe as it has to be exactly 1m long and if its not will never be perfect.

Give it a go, hope it helps

Regards

J

Checked the pipe it is fine.

The car was running perfect this morning before i did the work.

Any other ideas?

cheers

Darren, is there are quick fix or do i have to take the belt off and realign all the pullies?

cheers

u need to check all you timing marks mate... check tdc on the no1 plug and make sure all marks are where the need to be and rotor on no1 sparkplug "firing order on dizzy"

Sorted now, was a tooth or 2 out due to the double dots on the cam pulley.

Cheers for the help Darren