Sign in to follow this  
kaiserVR6

Non Corrado related help needed! sane advice please

Right so here is the problem,

about 10 months about i bought a Ford Focus (sorry for swearing) 52 plate with 73k miles.

The car has had the odd problem here and there but nothing major until december '09

The big end went and i had to weigh up my options, by a new engine and replace the clutch at the same time and it cost £2200 or for the same money try and get something that will last me a while, i do a lot of miles 40k+ a year and a car for 2200 aint going to hack it with out constant parts needed, trust me i have been there.

so i stump up the cash, everything is running well, and then after 2k miles the clutch breaks and i have to be towed back to bristol from bedford by the AA which takes forever! (got home at 4am)

The garage, who i trust, changes the clutch as it is a faulty part and replaces, sound i think, especially to have dont it at the drop of a hat and away i went, and everything is driving smoothly, i am thinking its time to do the brakes soon etc etc, and then here comes old mr clutch having problems again.

Same symptoms same inability to change gear, and a horrendous drive from london to bristol! It is now in the garage and hopefully being repaired, but my question is

When is it time to just throw the towel and and when the car has been repaired sell it?

And when do you just think, ah well its been repaired for free under the warrenty and despite me losing 2 days pay at work i just carry on and when the car has lasted a year i sell it and get myself a corrado again!

HELP ME BEFORE I GO INSANE!

and once again sorry for the non rado related subject! i just thought you guys are always so helpfull when i had my rado that it was worth an ask for sound advice!

Alex

Might be worth getting yourself registered on a Focus forum... sounds like it might be some quirk / problem common to the Focus and with the sheer number they've sold, surely people have come across it before!