Sign in to follow this  
Lee1873

What you guys make of these?

Just bought a set of these off ebay......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-VR6-VENTO ... 2eab24fd2f

While I do realise the quality may not be like o.e. but @ £60 a set inc. delivery they cant be that bad, even if I got a year out of them for the cash paid, what do you guys think? anyone already bought some from the guy? (tierod69 ebay name) Ive used him for lots of stuff in the past & had no issues......

So your thoughts?

I'll get brand new oem mounts next time. I don't know about this chap's ones but I've tried several makes and I've had to replace the rear (biggest) engine mount twice this year, gearbox one once, and 3 front ones .... all of them new, but not oem.

IMO, cheapish engine mounts are only a temporary fix

Totally understand where your coming from mate however, Ive changed lots of these mounts over the years & believe that 1/2 the major issues with cheap mounts come from not replacing all the worn ones together(i.e. replacing the front one & leaving the rear or gearbox ones) hence straining the others & speeding up wear on any new ones...if you catch my drift :cuckoo: :lol:

@ £60 the set Im happy to take a punt anyway...it cost me £90 from the dealer the last time I bought a single front mount from them for my old valver

Time will tell if its false economy i suppose :scratch: