Sign in to follow this  
GRINGOG60

G60 Head help needed

Ok guys, to cut a long story short im in the process of buying a Rado G60 in the Uk to bring back to Barcelona (where i live) I had a G60 almost identical to the one im buying 5 years ago and never stopped missing it when i sold it.

Found a Left hand drive car with a great spec but it has a suspected head gasket failiure as it´s down on power with a misfire and plenty of white smoke when idling and one of the plugs is getting very wet.

What i need to know is this- as i dont live in the uk and will be flying back to fix it would i be best picking up a second hand head on eBay and geting it skimmed/refurbed etc by some one like G Werks and then whipping the old head off the car to save on time and banging the freshly refurbed head on, this is to save time as i obviously cant wait around in the uk as will be flying back sporadicly and work will be done to the car on weekends when i can fly back.

The car has red top injectors, decat and scorpion system, gwerks rebuilt charger and smaller pulley and chip.

How much should i pay for a second hand head off of eBay?

Is the 250 quid fee for refurbing at GWerks a descent price? as its seems a little high to me as it doesnt include valve springs or anything other than valve guides,seals and refacing.

what would you guys recommend about the above?