Sign in to follow this  
Dude VR6

BBS ch 17x8"

Hi all

I have been offered the above wheels, but am wondering tha fact that they are 8" wide will they fit ok, or will I have to do some arch work. The wheels will have 205 40 17 on and my VR6 has been lowered by 40mm all round. Any help or advice would be greatful.

Hi Miles,

I ran 17x8 MIM Amalfis for 4 years on a 205 section tyre on a -50mm drop. It was fine in normal driving but I did end up having the front arch lips removed (and the inner arch linings removed) at a bodyshop and after that it was just perfect - even in trackday use. No rubbing at all except at the rear when I hit a bump with passengers in the back of the car.

The main thing I think will be to ensure you run the correct ET35 offset. If you get that right 8's should be no problem at all I think. Obviously if you run a 205 tyre there will be a modest tyre stretch (maybe ¼") but frankly that look worked on my car and modern low profile tyres are still safe with some stretch on them.

I'll finish by saying I absolutely love the CH design. It's my favourite BBS wheel.

Cheers

John

There off his mk4 golf so am sure they are 5x100 and et35, thanks all for your help. Think I maybe making a purchase :D

my winters are 8" and catch sometimes on the front.

the guy I bought them from never had this so it may be down to suspension setup too. Like Corozin I plan to have the lip rolled to cure this as even 7.5s catch on tracks.

It's a lot less work if you just get the inner arch lips removed rather than sodding about with rolling them. As long as you properly seal the metalwork afterwards.

I have to admit when I got my current car I just couldn't be bothered to have the work done again to another car. Not running the car quite as low as the previous one was even cheaper still