Sign in to follow this  
RichG60

Stage 4 to stage 5 charger worth it?

I'm removing the charger for a service on Monday and wondered if I should get G Werks to port it to stage 5.

Will I notice much of a difference on a standard engine from stage 4 to 5?.

I have 68m pulley and sns 5.5.

yea according to a website i read that is about the right mileage to get it serviced. I will try to remember site name and let u know as i think it talked about stage 5 conversion. Mark

not really no

for a big increases in bhp you need to look into kams and head work

worth having a word with g werks to see what they can offer

is this on a rado??

where abouts in devon are u?

part of SWdubs?

I appreciate that I won't make big bhp without further engine work. I just wondered if the extra work from stage 4 to 5 is worth £80 more from a standard rebuild. I've been told the torque will come in lower.

Yeah in exeter too mate

black rado g60, g60 steels, quite low on koni coilovers with beige leather storm interior.

Also on swdubs but use this forum more :)

Haven't seen your rado around though.

My Car:-

IMG_0069.jpg

With Centre caps on though :-

CIMG2035.jpg

looking good havent seen yours around either but i actually live in ottery st mary

heres mine:

SSA52407.jpg

SSA52398.jpg

regards to the charger if its only an extra £80 then stage 5 wont hurt but it tends to need a fair bit of follow up work to get its full potential

have a word with olley ek9 on swdubs....hes a wizz with the g60 engine!

so other than the charger whats your future plans?

planning to get some leather for mine too :norty:

Supercharger sent off today and getting stage 5 done :)

I think my future plans are BBS alloys to replace the ones the previous owner took off and then 20v turbo conversion. My friend in Padstow had one done by his friend who owns pure motorsport, also did a mk2 golf which went like the clappers! :)

interesting! this is Furks old car.. did you let darren know that when you sent the charger to him? We were talking the other day about where its gone now..

I'm removing the charger for a service on Monday and wondered if I should get G Werks to port it to stage 5.

I have 68m pulley and sns 5.5.

I'd be interested to know the actual difference in power/torque generated between a standard charger with good boost, and then taking that chager and porting it to a stage 4 then 5. Sometimes I wonder if it's a bit of a gimmick to get people to part with more cash. As far as I am aware they grind the outlet fins (which are structural) to death and a little mod to the inlet, then charge an arm and two legs for it. :|

interesting! this is Furks old car.. did you let darren know that when you sent the charger to him? We were talking the other day about where its gone now..

Not sure who I spoke to at G Werks, was told to expect a phone call today but nothing yet. The car has gone to a good home :) and gets plenty of pampering!

Got big plans once I eventually move house and get a good sized garage ;)

Does anyone know how long Gwerks normally take to rebuild a charger? I haven't heard from them yet, phoned them to find out progress on Thursday afternoon & was told they were opening it & would contact me.

Next week will be the 2nd week its been with them.

all depends how much they've got on.. i had one done whilst i waited as i drove the car down. the other i sent and advised i didnt need back in any hurry and it was there for a few weeks. give em a call tuesday..

Good to see Furks car in safe hands, screaming out for wheels though, the steels do it no justice. Are you going to start a thread in the members gallery?